Digital marketing strategies have gone from being a new trend to becoming a required investment for all companies, businesses and startups.
It is no longer simply about having a website or having a presence on social networks: to be successful, it is essential to apply a well-defined plan that allows you to stand out among the infinite options that can be found today on the Internet and attract the right audience. .
The landscape has changed and digital transformation has driven e-commerce above all else. Digital marketing campaigns are necessary to generate leads and get real sales opportunities.
It is for this reason that, in this article, we want to share with you the best customer acquisition strategies through Inbound Marketing and its main tool, content marketing.
Discover, below, 12 powerful and effective digital marketing strategies for your brand. If you apply them, you will get great benefits from them.
12 Digital Marketing Strategies for your Brand
Before starting to develop each of the strategies that we prepare, we must define the objectives, which are the reason for your campaigns.
The most common objectives of digital marketing for companies are:
- Customer acquisition. These strategies should focus on increasing the conversion rate; that is, in which users carry out a specific action that we want (downloads, purchases, subscriptions, etc.).
- Brand recognition. These strategies focus on spreading and positioning your brand in the market. We work on branding seeking to generate an impact on the target audience.
- Customer loyalty. It is already known that keeping customers costs between 5 and 25 times less than acquiring new ones. That is why loyalty actions are carried out with the aim of keeping your customers happy and satisfied so that they stay longer choosing your company.
- Sales increase. Although it is usually the main objective of companies, not all of them develop tactics in this regard. Improving the customer experience is essential to meet their needs and make them come back to buy or recommend your brand.
To implement any of the strategies that we will share with you below, it is essential that you clearly define your objectives. Once you have done it, you can analyze which one is the most convenient to meet your goals.
Continue reading and learn about 12 digital marketing strategies for your business that will allow you to promote your brand in the digital environment and obtain great benefits.
Make your Content the True King
The main digital marketing strategy today is Inbound Marketing and, within it, content marketing.
Content marketing is the perfect way to attract and engage your target audience to capture leads and customers through the development of valuable and relevant content. These contents add value to people and promote a positive perception of your brand, an issue that eventually translates into more sales.
You may have heard this many times; but, by implementing content marketing as part of your digital marketing strategy, your success is almost guaranteed.
To implement an effective content strategy, it is essential that you know the audience you are going to target. Investigating and analyzing your target audience will allow you to obtain the following information:
- What do you need. Products, services, communication channels, etc.
- What do you think. What are your interests, dreams, hobbies, etc.
- What are your buying habits. Whether or not you inform yourself before buying, whether you buy on impulse, etc.
If you do not have the profiles of your buyer personas defined, this research will help you create them. Buyer personas are semi-fictional representations of your ideal customers.
The best content is the one that is useful: people connect every day to solve doubts, problems or needs, and look for content that helps them get what they want.
Have a Presence on Social Networks
The benefits of using social networks for any marketing objective are more than proven. With the right campaigns and the right content, you can permanently increase your reach and attract new customers.
Within all the tools that are used within a great general Inbound Marketing strategy, we find Social Media Marketing: a specific sector focused on creating content and promoting a brand, products or services on various social networks.
Each social network has its own content rules that work within the logic of that network. The speed with which the use of platforms such as TikTok or Instagram is growing makes it essential to keep up to date with trends.
Keep in mind that not only do new applications and social networks appear, but those that are already firm in the market launch new tools, as is the case of Instagram Reels.
Applying Social Media Marketing strategies can generate multiple benefits for your business:
- Increase brand recognition. Globally, there are more than 3.2 billion people registered on social networks. This allows your content to have the potential to achieve high visibility.
- Generate leads and increase conversions. If you promote and share your products and services on social networks, you will increase conversions and sales as long as you use a well-targeted strategy to reach your target audience.
- Promote relationships with your customers. Social networks like Facebook are excellent for encouraging and interacting with your customers and followers; you can offer advice, take surveys, discuss posts and answer queries, among many other actions.
Identify your Buyer Persona
As we said before, a buyer persona is a semi-fictional profile of the ideal client of a certain brand. This profile is created from real data that you can obtain from the interaction of users with your brand on social networks, on your website or through other forms of contact.
Buyer personas help you to deeply understand your target audience in order to generate engaging content that converts visitors into leads: creating this fictitious representation of your ideal customer is the ultimate guide to where your marketing efforts should go.
By having this information present, it will be easier to lead your strategies towards success, since you will know everything about your customers: habits, behaviors, gender, age, interests, trends, etc.
Work on Web Positioning
To fully optimize your website, it is essential that you work with an organic positioning strategy through SEO.
Today, search engines are getting a better understanding of people’s intentions when making queries. Google offers personalized and detailed results that address user problems with remarkable precision.
It is essential that, in addition to optimizing the technical and conceptual part of your content, you make sure that the information you are going to offer is really relevant to your followers.
One of the most important points is in the search intention of the users. Conduct keyword research and make searches your guide to developing content.
Don’t let algorithm changes overwhelm you in your SEO strategy: take care of creating valuable content in relation to user intentions and take them into account when designing your action plan.
Take on the Challenge of E-mail Marketing
Email marketing is the action of promoting a company’s products and services through email. Such a strategy allows you to educate your audience, inform them about your services and keep them up to date with promotions and discounts.
Email marketing is effective in meeting many goals:
- Establish relationships with users. Email allows you to build connections through personalized interactions.
- Generate brand recognition. By sending e-mails you can position your company as the first option to consider among your prospects when they are ready to buy.
- Promote content. You can share relevant material from your blog such as e-books, tutorials, useful articles, etc.
- Create sales opportunities. Email encourages subscribers to share personal information in exchange for content. Thanks to this mechanism, many sales opportunities can be generated.
- Nurture sales opportunities. Through email you can delight users with content that allows them to meet their goals.
It is for all these benefits that we recommend that you include e-mail marketing within your strategies and make the most of its advantages.
Improves user experience
The user experience, also called UX «User Experience», refers to the final user experience in relation to a company’s product, system or service.
This experience is measured by user response, perceptions, and emotions. Some criteria that define it are accessibility, ease of use and convenience.
Today’s customers want fast, simple and quality services to meet their needs.
User experience design is the process you must apply to increase the level of user satisfaction when they use your products and services.
Within the UX process, we find 4 types of designs that are responsible for optimizing four different areas in relation to usability and navigation.
- Interaction design. Interaction design is responsible for making the technological product (website, app, etc.) dynamic, pleasant and easy to navigate for users.
- Visual design. The visual design works what you see and what you feel when you navigate through the application. It covers aspects such as mood or level of entertainment. In visual design, the principles of balance, space and contrast are worked on, as well as the color, shape and size of the elements.
- User research. Work on the user experience part related to the needs and problems of customers. All designs and products must be created and developed with the goal of finding solutions.
- Information architecture. This is the aspect of UX design that has to do with structuring and tagging content to make it easily accessible to users.
Without a doubt, the user experience is crucial for the success of your company. Beyond the quality of your products or your low prices, if the purchase or interaction experience is poor, it will be very easy for the user to change companies.
As cell phones became the device with which most people access the Internet, mobile applications became essential for all types of companies.
Among the benefits of using apps for your company, we find:
- Cost effectiveness. Mobile applications serve to acquire income through advertising, subscription, downloads or premium services. In addition, users can be offered various digital methods to make purchases quickly and securely.
- Optimal positioning. The applications allow companies to work in the digital world: with them you can offer accessibility from the phone without the need to enter the web.
- Innovation and speed. In a world where users demand immediacy and simplicity, applications have the ability to meet customer needs in virtually any market niche.
Turn Customer Complaints into Opportunities for your Business
This strategy may sound simple, but it is one of the most successful when it comes to digital marketing.
Many of the digital channels that we have exposed in this article —especially social networks— are used as means to leave complaints and make claims by the public thanks to the ease of direct communication that they allow with the company.
Now audiences do not need to go to a physical location to make a complaint: all they have to do is take out their smartphone and send an email so that the work is done.
Therefore, you can make use of those complaints intelligently and improve your products and services based on the information you extract from them. It’s also a good idea to make blog posts talking about how to fix these problems; In this way, you will also make your consumers understand that you care about their problems and that you take care of resolving them.
Distribute your content
There are multiple digital channels on the web for you to target your content and launch successful digital marketing strategies.
So distribute your content wisely so it’s in the right place, at the right time, and for the right person.
Take into account that you should not only think about which social networks your content will be seen and well received on, but you also have to take advantage of other channels to communicate with your audience.
Measure and Analyze your Results
First of all, it is essential that you establish specific KPIs, as these are the indicators that will tell you if you are doing well with your strategy or if you could do much better.
It is useless to establish objectives if later you will not know if the actions carried out to achieve them worked or not.
You must review your numbers regularly and make the necessary adjustments so that, at the end of the year, your ROI shows its best face.
This is one of the benefits of the digital environment: you can instantly measure results. So, you have no excuses! Today almost everything is measurable on the Internet.
Although it can be complex to be able to analyze a lot of data, there are tools that allow us to know the results of our actions in a complete and simple way, such as Google Analytics.
In this way, you can know what content works and what your audience likes in the short term, and rethink new actions and objectives that respond to what your target audience really needs.
If one of your goals is to obtain leads from people who are from a certain city, one of the strategies that we recommend is user segmentation based on demographic data obtained from analytics. Then, with this information, you can generate actions to attract them to your website.
Another of the most common objectives is to achieve greater interaction with the content that is published on social networks. A good strategy is to know what time and what day will be the most appropriate to upload the material. The analytics will help you know when most of your users are connected so that it is easier to get a large number of likes.
Do a Tool Search
Fortunately, there are already endless tools to simplify all the tasks related to your digital marketing strategy. Next, we will share some of the most recommended on the market for various actions.
It is the fundamental tool for the analytics of your website. Google Analytics will provide you with all the information about user interactions with your page. In addition, it allows you to set goals, such as a certain number of conversions, and track actions against that goal.
With Google Analytics you will be able to track which are the contents that most attract your clients and which are the ones that generate more engagement.
With this tool you can investigate what are the topics that are trending and discover the content that generates the most impact according to the geographical area.
It is very easy to use and, in addition, it suggests alternative keywords to use in your content and that it is well received.
It is a plug-in that allows you to optimize all your content for search engines. It focuses on keywords to improve the position of the material, evaluates the readability of your pages and offers optimization tips.
RD Station is one of the most efficient Marketing Automation tools: it allows you to optimize your website for search engines through SEO techniques.
This software also offers predesigned templates for your email marketing campaigns, and increases the reach and visibility of your brand on social networks.
RD Station also allows you to create landing pages, analyze lead interactions in real time and identify those who are ready to move on to the sales area.
SEMrush is the ideal tool for those working on Inbound Marketing strategies or content marketing projects. With SEMrush you can analyze keywords and detect opportunities for good positioning in search engines.
Consistency is the Goal
If you have advertising guidelines in traditional media, do not forget that they must be consistent with what you show online.
This strategy will help you gain credibility because, although the stage is virtual, your brand must have its own essence.
The objectives and guidelines set must be followed to the letter.
Putting into practice the resources that we have seen throughout this article will help you improve and achieve great results for your brand, product or service.
The most important thing is that you do not lose sight of your audience: defining your audience will allow you to build a plan aimed exclusively at it and, therefore, boost your reach and your conversions.